Sunday, March 6, 2011

Living the simple life..

I wrote a blog update a few days ago while I was on the bus. I emailed it to myself 
and am just now getting around to posting it. After a little editing... and removal 
of a few things.. here it is.

"I find it so strange that people cannot relax and enjoy the simple parts of 
life. The free things that are worth so much more than money can buy. Like 
watching the sunset, or even better.. The sunrise:) laying on the warm sand at 
the beach, going for a swim in the ocean... Even just seeing the ocean! Loving 
someone.. And showing them that love u feel, being loved and receiving that love 
from someone. Spending time with people you love in any way, spouse, family, friends 
etc. These things are the most valuable things life has to offer in my opinion. 
I am shocked at how many people don't appreciate them.. Or even worse, 
understand them. 

It makes me all the more aware and appreciative of those things in my life and 
when I get to experience them, feel them, or share them. I am trying to 
get..keep..have my life in a position to experience those things every day. It's 
not always easy but I won't give up trying. 


I was recently told by a few people to get a 9-5 job. I laughed. I know that's 
what society pushes us to do.. But wow do I disagree! That to me sounds like a 
pretty shitty life. I only get to live once. And the days, months, years seem to 
by flying by and only getting faster and faster! I experienced a whole lot in my 
life living in LA.. And stuff that has tremendously helped me become who I am 
and what I believe in an how I want to live my life, but I feel like I missed 
out on this life I have now and I wish I had moved sooner. I don't want to waste 
more time not enjoying my life. I know there are so many people who don't 
understand why I do what I do or want what I want.. I wish they did. But that's 
ok. It is what it is and I just hope everyone strives for a better life and 
finds it.. Whatever it is for them. 


I challenge anyone reading this to take a night this week and watch the sunrise 
or sunset (depending on your schedule) Make the time. If you're close 
enough to an ocean to watch it there, do that. If not find a good spot where u 
will see it soonest if it's rising or longest if its setting. Relax. Meditate. 
Breathe. And enjoy what this universe give us for FREE every day!!! 

Live Aloha"
Funny I wrote this before. Because last night I experienced the greatest, most beautiful and amazing sunset I have ever seen in my life. I have seen pictures of colors in the sky at the sunset that were so bright and vibrant that I didn't think it was a real pic. I was positive it had been edited. Last night made me believe they were real. We had a stormy and cloudy day, no sun all rain. It started to clear up and the sky was so clean and crisp. I could tell it was going to be a good sunset. It was better than good. I don't even have words to describe it. The pictures that I posted don't do justice, but give a good idea.
 
I was lucky enough to spend it with someone very special to me :) Who appreciated it as much as I did.
 
Also..on a side note.. I have completed my Paleo challenge. Had a couple cheat bites and meals when my sister was visiting, but overall did great! It sure wasn't easy a lot of the time, and still I have people criticizing and doubting what I am doing.. But the proof is there. The numbers don't lie. I think I look better and feel better than I have in months.. if not years! Although I will indulge a little bit more than I did in that 60 days, I definitely plan on staying paleo and hoping my cravings for the foods that aren't good for me go away so that I don't even want them anymore.
 
Woohoooo my favorite pair of lululemons fit me again ;)
 
Aloha!

No comments:

Post a Comment