Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Paleo.Primal.Hunter-Gatherer.

So I finally received my book in the mail, The Paleo Solution by Robb Wolfe. So much great :)

The beginning of the book REALLY set with me well because it talks about the healthy lifestyle of our hunter-gatherer ancestors. Records show there were by far healthier than our recent ancestors, primarily the ones in the past 10,000 years or so, after the agricultural revolution. Archeologists can actually tell within minutes of looking at a skeleton found whether it was before or after the agricultural revolution just due to the health of the bones and teeth! MINUTES.. that's crazy. The naked eye can SEE the damage done to our body by whole grains, wheat, corn, soy, etc. It also talks about how our homo sapien ancestors "worked" 10-15 hours per week. Not the average 40-60 we work these days. Their work was hunting, gather, building shelter, making clothing, and probably a little escaping enemies.. like a loin perhaps? Basically the rest of the  week was spent relaxing, visiting with friends and family and recovering.

I found a few GREAT videos that someone created about paleo lifestyle in regards to 3 main things in our life. Food, Exercise and Sunshine. If you know me at all, I particularly enjoy the Sunshine video :) (watch it and you will see why)

1. Food - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-PhB5uyyKJ0
2. Exercise - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wGXep32_qiI
3. Sunshine - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mv1naIENqcE

Check those out! May change your life!

Along the lines of what the paleo lifestyle believes, which I feel I have wanted to live like (not the lion escaping part of course) for many years.. I have realized it's not that easy to do in this day in age. MAINLY because of the need for TIME & MONEY. Basically those two things allow freedom.. whatever that means to you.

Freedom to me means many things... Buy a car, pay off my debt, buy better/healthier food product, take care of my parents financially, buy a house, have the time to enjoy every day, be healthy, workout regularly.

I have recently become an independent business owner! Yay me! I have an online website I am setting up and I will share this all with you shortly as I am still setting it up. But this opportunity is going to give the the freedom I need.. meaning, the time and money.

And ultimately, this will allow me to live the hunter-gatherer lifestyle that I need and want to survive and thrive in this crazy world we live in.

No comments:

Post a Comment